Employer: Census Bureau
Date/Time of the Recruitment Event: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 @ 9:30 am- 12noon
Location: CareerSource Broward (CSBD) Central Center 2550 W Oakland Pk Blvd, Oakland Park, FL 33311
Job Title Field Representative
Job Order Number 10861321
Job Description Job Responsibilities:
• Interview households at selected addresses.
• Ask prescribed questions from survey interviewing forms.
• Maintain repeated contacts with the same households and complete detailed paperwork for each interview.
• Interviews are conducted in person and by telephone.
• Laptop computers and paper survey instruments are used for recording interview responses.
• Will work with the public, in a persuasive, tactful manner and is accurate with detailed paperwork.
• Physical ability to stand and walk for long periods at a time
Min. Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Must have a valid driver's license class "E".
• Must have access to transportation to travel to job sites.
• Must be able to attend training away from home.
• Must be available for day, evening, and weekend work.
• Must be able to work with minimal day-to-day supervision and be able to carefully follow detailed instructions.
• Employer does a 30-minute Basic Skills Test.
• Questions include reading comprehension, basic office skills, and map-reading skills.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen.
• Must complete an employment test.
• Must have a valid driver's license.
• Must have access to aworking landline telephone.
• Reference Checks
• Candidates must take a 30-minute Basic Skills Test. Questions include reading comprehension, following instructions, problem-solving, and map-reading skills.
Position highlights (salary, benefits, etc.) $14.70 - $21.20 per hour DEO
# of available positions 10 openings