Employer: Broward County Schools
Date/Time of the Recruitment Event: Thursday, March 15, 2018 @ 10:00 am
Location: CareerSource Broward North Center 4941 Coconut Creek Pkwy, Coconut Creek, FL 33063
Job Title Bus Operator
Job Order Number 10496278
Job Description Job Responsibilities:
• Operates a school bus to transport students following established routes to pick-up and drop-off students at designated locations.
• Transports students from public schools to various locations for special instructional programs, activities and field trips.
• Passenger safety rules and the safety of passengers while bus is in operation.
• Observes all applicable city, county, and state traffic regulations.
• Makes every reasonable effort that traffic is stopped while students are boarding or departing the school bus.
• Supervises the seating of students, maintains order during the trip and resolves conduct problems that may arise while the school bus is in operation.
• Cleans the school bus and checks tires, fuel and general condition of the vehicle on a daily basis.
• Reports all defects in the condition of the bus to Vehicle Maintenance for repair by completing Driver's Request for Repair (DRR).
• Prepares statistical and disciplinary reports, as required.
• Attends and participates in training classes and seminars.
• Maintains preparedness to pass, at any time, an examination concerning traffic laws, state and local transportation rules, and driving skills, as required by state board rule.
• Provides direction to assigned Bus Aides, as necessary.
• Performs related work as required.
Min. Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
• Complete the Basic School Bus Driver Training Course given by the Broward County Public Schools Department of Transportation in accordance with Rule 6A-3.0141 of the State of Florida Board of Education.
• Must hold a active Florida Driver's License, have a minimum of five (5) years licensed driving experience and no more than 5 points on DL.
Driver license screening is required due to nature of position.
• Complete the examinations and tests required by the State of Florida to obtain a Class B Commercial Driver's License with a Passenger Transport Endorsement and School Bus Endorsement, without air brake restriction.
• Physical examination, and drug screening is required due to nature of position.
• Read and write in English is required due to nature of position.
Preferred License A & B, but not required and willing to train candidate
• Drug Testing/Screening
• Background Checks
• Motor Vehicle Record Check
Position highlights (salary, benefits, etc.) $14.00 - $21.00 p/h
# of available positions 10 POSITIONS