Employer: Sequel - Pompano Youth Treatment Center
Date/Time of the Recruitment Event: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 @ 10:00 am
Location: CareerSource Broward (CSBD) North Center 4941 Coconut Creek Pkwy, Coconut Creek FL 33063
Job Title Youth Counselor/Direct Care Staff
Job Order Number 10680520
Job Description Job Responsibilities:
Full time position supporting the Shift Supervisor & Assistant Facility Administrator, the Youth Counselor maintains proper conduct and safety of youth in work and activities. The Youth Care worker shall make sure youth quality of life is met such as safety, shelter; food and clothing are in compliance s defined in Sequel and DJJ policies & procedures.
The appropriate suitor will have the following:
• Give basic instructions in work, school and outside activities.
• Prepare periodic and special evaluations on assigned youth, report significant changes in social behavior and make recommendations for changes in assignments.
• Stimulate interest and cooperation in individual and group settings; observe youth behavior in response to treatment efforts and visitation.
• Ability to write documentation in student records, routine reports, and correspondence.
• Maintain security of the facility and grounds.
Min. Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
• HS Diploma or GED
• At least two years’ experience working with at risk youth in a juvenile setting or related to.
• Drug Testing/Screening
• Background Checks
• Reference Checks
• State of Florida Driver’s license required
Position highlights (salary, benefits, etc.) $10.58 p/hr
Medical, Dental & Vision
# of available positions 6 openings