Employer: CareerSource Broward Central
Date/Time of the Recruitment Event and Location: Online Application @
CareerSource Broward Central, 2610 West Oakland Park Blvd. Fort Lauderdale FL 33311 for more information: 954-677-5555
Job Title Summer Youth Program – Worksite Monitor
Job Order Number 10661172
Job Description Job Description
Department - Executive
Location - CareerSource Broward 2610 West Oakland Park Boulevard Oakland Park, FL 33311
Job Code - 570
Employment Status - Seasonal Temporary Part-time (30 hours per week)
Exemption Status - Non-Exempt
Salary - $17.00 per hour
CareerSource Broward seeks dynamic Worksite Monitors to oversee and monitor Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) participants and their interactions at their assigned worksites. Worksite Monitors work with youth and Site Supervisors to provide guidance and counseling to aid in the youth's successful completion of the program activities. Positions are approximately 8 weeks in duration, June through early August. Selected candidates must be available for the entire 8 week period beginning with staff orientation and training on Saturday, June 9, 2018.
Special Accommodations & Communications Needs
CareerSource Broward provides necessary reasonable accommodation in the interview process upon request to persons with disabilities. Such requests must be made PRIOR to any scheduled interview.
Min. Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
Education & Experience Requirements
• A high school diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of one year of progressively responsible paid or volunteer experience working with older youth in a structured environment, including human relations or counseling experience is required.
• A Bachelor's degree in education, social work or a related field is preferred.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and possess the ability to utilize the Internet to conduct research and obtain data.
• The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees at all levels, the general public, and our partners is required. Also required is: the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing; the ability to prioritize work; the ability to perform many tasks in a short time frame; and the ability to accurately follow oral and written instructions.
• Position requires access to transportation to travel to multiple worksites on a daily basis during the program.
• Drug Testing/Screening
• Background Checks
• Motor Vehicle Record Check
Position highlights (salary, benefits, etc.) $17.00 per hour
# of available positions 20