Employer: Broward County School Board
Date/Time of the Recruitment Event: Wednesday, July 18, 2018 @ 9:30 am to 12:00 pm.
Location: CareerSource Broward Central Center 2610 West Oakland Park Blvd, Oakland Park FL 33311
Job Title Armed Safe School Officer
Job Order Number 10734349
Job Description Job Responsibilities:
Responsible for providing security and safety services for the school campus; and protecting the life, and well being of students, staff, and visitors.
Min. Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
• A minimum of two (2) years within the last ten (10) years of experience as a sworn law enforcement officer in "good standing" at time of employment separation. Two years of prior military experience, including military reserve, with an honorable discharge may be substitured for law enforcement experiences.
• Prior experience working with adolescents.
• Must possess and maintain a valid a State of Florida drivers license.
• Oral and written communications skills, and the ability to accurately communicate facts.
• Computer skills as required for the position.
• Obtain the requirements outlined below prior to School Board appointment:
o Hold a valid license issued under s. 790.06 (License to carry concealed weapon or firearm)
o Completion of 132 hours of comprehensive firearm safety and proficiency training conducted by Criminal Justice Standards and training Commission-certified intructors.
o Submit to a psychological evaluation administered by a psychologist licensed under chapter 490 and designated by the Department of Law Enforcement and submit the results of the evaluation to the sheriff's office
o Submit toan initial drug test and subsequent random drug tests in accordance with the requirements of s. 112.0455 and the sheriffs office.
o Complete at least 12 hours of a certified nationally recognized diversity training program.
• Completion of 132 hours of comprehensive firearm safety and proficiency training conducted by Criminal Justice Standards and training Commission-certified instructors.
• Complete at least 12 hours of a certified nationally recognized diversity training program.
• Individuals are required to take the 144-hour training and will compensated and be eligible to receive $500 stipend upon successful completion of the program.
• Drug Testing/Screening
• Background Checks
Position highlights (salary, benefits, etc.) $17.00 - $22.19 p/h
# of available positions 60 POSITIONS