- Department - Executive
- Location - CareerSource Broward Administrative Office
- Job Code - 548
- Date Posted - Wed, 25 Jan 2017 15:06:14 GMT
- Employment Status - Part-time (30 hours per week)
- Exemption Status - Non-Exempt
- Salary - $17.00 per hour
- Description -
This exciting opportunity provides administrative support during the start-up phase of the Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP). In this temporary position, you will perform administrative and clerical tasks related to the start-up of the Summer Youth program. Positions runs for approximately 11 weeks.
- Provide administrative support to SYEP staff.
- Prepare correspondence and reports.
- Create and edit forms and spreadsheets.
- Make phone calls and conduct research.
- Assist with the participant intake process.
- Set appointments and perform other clerical tasks as needed.
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, clients, and the general public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes.
- Monitor and evaluate job sites to ensure contractors are providing safe and secure work environments in compliance with their contracts.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to contractors with regard to established rules, regulations, and procedures especially with regard to child labor laws.
- Monitor and assist participants to ensure compliance with program rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Distribute and collect biweekly participants’ timesheets ensuring they are accurately completed in accordance with CareerSource Broward policies and procedures and the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Provide guidance and counseling to participants as needed. Prepare a variety of weekly reports as needed.
- Participate in agency’s quality improvement initiatives by continually focusing on and improving customer service.
- A high school diploma or equivalent, plus a minimum of one year of progressively responsible paid or volunteer experience working with older youth in a structured environment as well as human relations or counseling experience is required.
- A bachelor’s degree in education, social work or a related field is preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and possess the ability to utilize the Internet to conduct research and obtain data.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees at all levels; the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing, the ability to prioritize work; the ability to perform many tasks in a short time frame is necessary;
- Must be able to accurately follow oral and written instructions.
- Individual must possess a valid Florida driver’s license and have access to reliable transportation as this position will require travel between multiple worksites.
Applicants are responsible for clearly documenting work experience and/or providing all
relevant information at the time of application. To be creditable, any required accredited
college or university education must be verifiable from a reliable source within the
United States or its territories or possessions, and information identifying that source
must be submitted with the application. Additional information will not be accepted after
the announcement closing date.
CareerSource Broward provides necessary reasonable accommodation in the
interview process upon request to persons with disabilities. Such requests must be made
PRIOR to any scheduled interview.
A valid paper social security card and a governmentally issued photo I.D. is required at
the time of selection interview.
Instructions: All applicants must have a CareerSource Broward (CSBD)
candidate account. To apply for the selected position, please create an account or log in
to your existing candidate account. Applicants are required to submit the documents listed
on the account page in order to be considered for current CSBD vacancies. Only candidates
selected for interview will be contacted.
Click icon to print this page