- Department - Executive
- Location - CareerSource Broward
6301 NW 5th Way, Suite 3000
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
- Job Code - 549
- Date Posted - Thu, 02 Mar 2017 09:11:50 GMT
- Employment Status - Full-time
- Exemption Status - Non-Exempt
- Salary - $17.38 to $18.61 per hour (Hiring range)
- Description -
CareerSource Broward has an exciting opportunity available for a detail oriented, well organized, administrative professional, with excellent customer service skills. The Community Liaison position interacts with program participants, parents, staff, and work locations to help to address the needs of the program. This is a grant-funded position and is subject to the terms and duration of the grant for the Summer Youth Program.
Serve as a community contact and administrative support for Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) operations.
- Provide information to community (parents, employers, participants and others), regarding program and requirements, policies, procedures, changes, forms, and other information as needed.
- Assist in the coordination of program activities for the SYEP program components with other support services agencies in the county.
- Assist with the job development process as needed.
- Assist with client issues, complaints, and assist in resolving grievances associated with assigned program providers.
- Provide follow-up on program issues as assigned and report and document outcomes.
- Provide general administrative support to the Summer Youth Program Manager and Department Head in relation to all facets of the SYEP.
- Assist with registration, and provide follow-up on identified worksites, including coordinating worksite placements for Summer Youth Program.
- Prepare responses to correspondence, inquiries, complaints, and information requests as needed.
- Prepare and assist in the preparation of a variety of reports as required, including reports for funding source. Maintain program records on contractors in accordance with local, State and Federal guidelines.
- Update and maintain reports and databases to track needed information.
- File and retrieve agency documents, records, and reports.
- Provide information and assistance to various CareerSource Broward and provider groups regarding the SYEP.
- Follow-up with Worksite Monitors regarding employer and youth issues as directed and report to Program Manager on employer site issues brought forward.
- Track youth participation in the program and ensure that all youth in the SYEP have completed the necessary documentation and requirements prior to placement at worksites.
- Perform research on youth service issues as needed.
- Assist/coordinate activities with other CareerSource Broward departments and staff as needed.
- Participate in agency’s quality improvement initiatives by continually focusing on improving customer service within the SYEP.
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, clients, the general public, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- An Associates Degree in business administration, social sciences, or related field is preferred.
- One year of counseling, social work or relevant experience providing community outreach and administrative support to individuals, coordinating and implementing programs is necessary.
- A relevant combination of experience and specialized training may be substituted for the associates degree
- Effective oral and written communication; the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees at all levels and the general public are required.
- Incumbent must have prior experience achieving excellence and demonstrating continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated experience in balancing multiple priorities, meeting deadlines, working independently and as part of a team to achieve assigned tasks, is required.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and possess extensive Word and Excel skills, possess the ability to utilize state workforce development databases and possess the ability to utilize the Internet to conduct research and obtain data.
- Position requires the ability to analyze data, problem solve and understand complex situations and prepare reports.
- Prior experience preparing agendas, assisting with meetings, taking and disseminating meeting minutes preferred.
Applicants are responsible for clearly documenting work experience and/or providing all
relevant information at the time of application. To be creditable, any required accredited
college or university education must be verifiable from a reliable source within the
United States or its territories or possessions, and information identifying that source
must be submitted with the application. Additional information will not be accepted after
the announcement closing date.
CareerSource Broward provides necessary reasonable accommodation in the
interview process upon request to persons with disabilities. Such requests must be made
PRIOR to any scheduled interview.
A valid paper social security card and a governmentally issued photo I.D. is required at
the time of selection interview.
Instructions: All applicants must have a CareerSource Broward (CSBD)
candidate account. To apply for the selected position, please create an account or log in
to your existing candidate account. Applicants are required to submit the documents listed
on the account page in order to be considered for current CSBD vacancies. Only candidates
selected for interview will be contacted.
Click icon to print this page