- Department - Executive
- Location - CareerSource Broward, 2550 Oakland Park Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311
- Job Code - 550
- Date Posted - Mon, 13 Mar 2017 08:26:28 GMT
- Employment Status - Seasonal - Temporary (30 hours per week)
- Exemption Status - Non-Exempt
- Salary - $17.00 per hour
- Description -
CareerSource Broward seeks dynamic Worksite Monitors to oversee and monitor Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) participants and their interactions at their assigned worksites. Worksite Monitors work with youth and Site Supervisors to provide guidance and counseling to aid in the youth's successful completion of the program activities. Positions are approximately 8 weeks in duration, June through early August. Selected candidates must be available for the entire 8 week period.
- Monitor and evaluate job sites to ensure contractors are providing safe and secure work environments in compliance with their contracts.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to contractors with regard to established rules, regulations, and procedures especially in relation to child labor laws.
- Monitor and assist participants to ensure compliance with program rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Distribute and collect bi-weekly participants’ timesheets, ensuring they are accurately completed in accordance with CareerSource Broward’s (CSBD) policies and procedures and the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Provide guidance and counseling to participants as needed.
- Prepare a variety of weekly reports and case notes as needed
- Participate in agency’s quality improvement initiatives by continually focusing on and improving customer service.
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, clients, and the general public in a courteous and professional manner. • Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes
- Maybe assigned other responsibilities on a temporary or ongoing basis as necessary for the delivery of quality service within the Program or CareerSource Broward as an organization.
- A high school diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of one year of progressively responsible paid or volunteer experience working with older youth in a structured environment, including human relations or counseling experience is required.
- A bachelor’s degree in education, social work or a related field is preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and possess the ability to utilize the Internet to conduct research and obtain data.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees at all levels, the general public, and our partners is required. Also required is: the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing; the ability to prioritize work; the ability to perform many tasks in a short time frame; and the ability to accurately follow oral and written instructions.
- Position requires access to reliable transportation to travel to multiple worksites on a daily basis during the program.
Applicants are responsible for clearly documenting work experience and/or providing all
relevant information at the time of application. To be creditable, any required accredited
college or university education must be verifiable from a reliable source within the
United States or its territories or possessions, and information identifying that source
must be submitted with the application. Additional information will not be accepted after
the announcement closing date.
CareerSource Broward provides necessary reasonable accommodation in the
interview process upon request to persons with disabilities. Such requests must be made
PRIOR to any scheduled interview.
A valid paper social security card and a governmentally issued photo I.D. is required at
the time of selection interview.
Instructions: All applicants must have a CareerSource Broward (CSBD)
candidate account. To apply for the selected position, please create an account or log in
to your existing candidate account. Applicants are required to submit the documents listed
on the account page in order to be considered for current CSBD vacancies. Only candidates
selected for interview will be contacted.
Click icon to print this page