- Department - Legal
- Location - CareerSource Broward, 2550 Oakland Park Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311
- Job Code - 551
- Date Posted - Fri, 17 Mar 2017 16:17:01 GMT
- Employment Status - Seasonal - Part-time (up to 30 hours per week)
- Exemption Status - Non-Exempt (Hourly)
- Salary - $17.00 per hour
- Description -
CareerSource Broward seeks a knowledgeable administrative professional to fill a temporary, part-time Summer Youth Employment Program Administrative Assistant position in in the Legal Department. The position will provide administrative support to the General Counsel and other department staff on various Summer Youth Program activities.
- Assist in the preparation of contracts, reports and other Summer Youth Employment Program documents as needed.
- Mail, fax, or arrange for delivery of legal correspondence to employers, funders and agency staff.
- Organize, maintain and file various documents related to the Summer Youth Program.
- Assist attorney and/or SYEP Program Manager in collecting information such as employment, medical, and other records.
- Attend meetings and take notes and minutes.
- Draft and type memos related to Summer Youth Employment Program.
- Gather and analyze research data, such as statutes, decisions, and legal articles, codes, and documents.
- Track and handle responses related to program worksites, insurance, and staffing needs for program participants.
- File and retrieve agency documents, records, and reports.
- Enter and monitor timesheets, e-mail and legal correspondence in various computer systems for the General Counsel.
- Compile and maintain files for workers’ compensation claims, subpoenas, related to the program.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email as assigned.
- Receive and place telephone calls.
- Make photocopies of correspondence, document, and other printed matter.
- Perform general office duties such as assisting with ordering supplies, maintaining records management systems, and performing basic record keeping work.
- Participate in the agency’s quality improvement initiatives by continually focusing on and improving customer service.
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, clients, and the general public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes.
- May be assigned other responsibilities on a temporary or ongoing basis as necessary for the delivery of quality service within the Program or CareerSource Broward as an organization.
- A high school diploma or equivalent plus three years of progressively responsible secretarial and administrative experience is required.
- At least one year experience in the legal field is preferred.
- Paralegals, law students and/or college graduates with legal education and experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and possess extensive Word and Excel skills.
- Must possess the ability to utilize state workforce development databases and possess the ability to utilize the Internet to conduct research and obtain data.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees at all levels; the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing, the ability to prioritize work; the ability to perform many tasks in a short time frame is necessary; and the ability to follow oral and written instructions are all required.
- The ability to review and understand contracts, and other legal documents is required.
Applicants are responsible for clearly documenting work experience and/or providing all
relevant information at the time of application. To be creditable, any required accredited
college or university education must be verifiable from a reliable source within the
United States or its territories or possessions, and information identifying that source
must be submitted with the application. Additional information will not be accepted after
the announcement closing date.
CareerSource Broward provides necessary reasonable accommodation in the
interview process upon request to persons with disabilities. Such requests must be made
PRIOR to any scheduled interview.
A valid paper social security card and a governmentally issued photo I.D. is required at
the time of selection interview.
Instructions: All applicants must have a CareerSource Broward (CSBD)
candidate account. To apply for the selected position, please create an account or log in
to your existing candidate account. Applicants are required to submit the documents listed
on the account page in order to be considered for current CSBD vacancies. Only candidates
selected for interview will be contacted.
Click icon to print this page