- Department - Finance
- Location - CareerSource Broward, 2610 West Oakland Park Boulevard, Oakland Park FL 33311
- Job Code - 564
- Date Posted - Tue, 23 Jan 2018 16:51:43 GMT
- Employment Status - Full-time
- Exemption Status - Exempt
- Salary - Negotiable
- Description -
CareerSource Broward (CSBD) seeks an experienced Accounting and Finance professional who thrives in a fast paced environment. This position will direct and oversee all fiscal activities of the agency, provide advice and counsel to the President/CEO and other management personnel regarding fiscal matters, accurately track and report costs by funding stream, and maintain fiscal security and integrity. If this sounds exciting to you, then apply to join our team!
- Direct and oversee the preparation and submission of required management and regulatory reports.
- Provide leadership, management, and supervision for Fiscal Department staff. Assist external auditors in performance of various audits.
- Develop and implement corrective actions based on the results of external audits conducted by state and federal authorities as well as internal audits and monitoring.
- Ensure adherence to protocols to maintain and/or increase the agency’s percentage of error free audit findings.
- Establish, review, and update as needed, CSBD’s internal accounting procedures and controls including separation of duties to correct any deficiencies.
- Direct and oversee the budget preparation process for all CSBD departments. Analyze budgets, identify variances and resolve discrepancies.
- Ensure compliance with financial requirements of grant reporting.
- Provide management support and training to all staff working under incumbent's supervision.
- Direct and oversee the acquisition of goods and services for CSBD ensuring that all purchases are in compliance with state and CSBD policies and procedures and that purchasing processes are in adherence to federal, state and local guidelines.
- Ensure that contractors and vendors submit required information for reimbursement/payment and that payments are process in a timely and accurate manner.
- Direct and oversee CSBD’s inventory control system and provide the State of Florida with timely reports.
- Produce and distribute a monthly financial report to provide status of all formula and special grants, identify variances and suggest corrective action.
- Work with the Operations Department to provide financial information in ways that are most meaningful to them.
- Develop, implement and update policies and procedures to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Fiscal Department.
- Keep abreast of changes in workforce development legislation and anticipate and adapt fiscal procedures to ensure compliance.
- Monitor department operations to ascertain needs and to recommend, develop, and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Review and make recommendations on maintaining or instituting adequate internal controls to ensure adequate separation of duties in all fiscal processes.
- Participate in the agency’s hiring process by serving on screening and interview panels as needed.
- Participate in agency’s quality improvement initiatives by continually focusing on strategic planning and improving customer service.
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, clients, and the general public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions for internal controls.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a related field plus ten years progressively responsible experience in accounting with seven years of management experience.
- CPA and Masters degree in accounting, business administration, public administration or a related field is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), risk management, commercial insurance and grant-reporting requirements is necessary.
- Knowledge of governmental accounting, OMB circulars, and general cost allocation principles as they relate to workforce development preferred.
- Incumbent must analyze complex data, interpret, explain, and apply applicable laws, rules regulations and policies controlling budgetary and fiscal record keeping.
- Incumbent must interpret and provide accurate financial data to management to better enable them to make intelligent business decisions.
- The ability to use administrative principles and practices including goal setting, strategic planning, program development, implementation, evaluation and management of employees is necessary.
- Incumbent must be experienced in and demonstrate strong written communication skills since the position requires significant report writing responsibilities.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and possess extensive Excel skills, possess the ability to utilize state workforce development databases and possess the ability to utilize the Internet to conduct research and obtain data.
- Experience with Sage MIP Fund Accounting software is preferred.
Applicants are responsible for clearly documenting work experience and/or providing all
relevant information at the time of application. To be creditable, any required accredited
college or university education must be verifiable from a reliable source within the
United States or its territories or possessions, and information identifying that source
must be submitted with the application. Additional information will not be accepted after
the announcement closing date.
CareerSource Broward provides necessary reasonable accommodation in the
interview process upon request to persons with disabilities. Such requests must be made
PRIOR to any scheduled interview.
A valid paper social security card and a governmentally issued photo I.D. is required at
the time of selection interview.
Instructions: All applicants must have a CareerSource Broward (CSBD)
candidate account. To apply for the selected position, please create an account or log in
to your existing candidate account. Applicants are required to submit the documents listed
on the account page in order to be considered for current CSBD vacancies. Only candidates
selected for interview will be contacted.
Click icon to print this page