- Department - Executive
- Location - CareerSource Broward
2890 West Cypress Creek Road
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
- Job Code - 578
- Date Posted - Thu, 17 Jan 2019 18:54:31 GMT
- Employment Status - Temporary Part-time (Schedule varies)
- Exemption Status - Exempt
- Salary - $35.00 per hour
- Description -
CareerSource Broward has a part-time, temporary opportunity for a Training Coordinator. This position is responsible for the coordination and facilitation of training for the CareerSource Broward (CSBD) Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) site supervisors, staff, and youth training. The selected individual will serve as primary point person for ensuring effective delivery of the program's three (3) day Employability Skills training and all related administrative activities. This position runs from April-June with hours ranging from 10-30 hours per week, based on program needs.
- Assist with the recruitment and site matching of the classroom instructors for Employability Skills Training.
- Review and provide input on the update of employability skills curriculum as needed.
- Preparation all materials needed for all of the training/orientation including the creating the PowerPoint for supervisor and monitor orientations.
- Provide instruction for SYEP instructors and worksite monitors on responsibilities for the three day employability skills training.
- Provide training to Site Supervisors on their roles and interactions with the worksite monitors and youth over the course of the SYEP.
- Coordinate and provide oversight for the three day Employability Skills Training for SYEP youth to ensure appropriate delivery of training, collection of time sheets, distribution, and completion of the Pre-test and accurate documentation of youth and staff attendance and participation.
- Conduct site visits at schools in preparation for Employability Skills Training and ensure appropriate set up of classrooms at each school/training site in collaboration with SYEP Community Liaison.
- Supervise the leads and facilitators/instructors at each school/training site and monitor classroom activities.
- Establish and maintain a classroom atmosphere that generates high expectations and enthusiasm for learning by infusing critical thinking skills, application skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Serve as Liaison to CSBD Program Leaders
- Attend various meetings with CSBD and other staff to prepare for and close-out related program activities.
- Participate in agency’s quality improvement initiatives by focusing on continuous improvement activities.
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, clients, and the general public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Incumbent must be experienced in and demonstrate strong presentation, oral and written communication and customer service skills.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and possess extensive Word and Excel skills, possess the ability to utilize state workforce development databases and possess the ability to utilize the Internet to conduct research, including knowledge of social media.
- A Bachelor’s degree in education, social science or a related field is required.
- Incumbent must have a minimum of three years of experience teaching in a classroom setting, preferably with high school aged students.
- Current FL Teacher certification preferred.
- Additional experience in a social services, governmental and/or business related environment is a plus.
- A relevant combination of experience and specialized training may be substituted for the degree.
- Background and expertise with career coaching, training, human resources and/or recruitment is a plus.
Applicants are responsible for clearly documenting work experience and/or providing all
relevant information at the time of application. To be creditable, any required accredited
college or university education must be verifiable from a reliable source within the
United States or its territories or possessions, and information identifying that source
must be submitted with the application. Additional information will not be accepted after
the announcement closing date.
CareerSource Broward provides necessary reasonable accommodation in the
interview process upon request to persons with disabilities. Such requests must be made
PRIOR to any scheduled interview.
A valid paper social security card and a governmentally issued photo I.D. is required at
the time of selection interview.
Instructions: All applicants must have a CareerSource Broward (CSBD)
candidate account. To apply for the selected position, please create an account or log in
to your existing candidate account. Applicants are required to submit the documents listed
on the account page in order to be considered for current CSBD vacancies. Only candidates
selected for interview will be contacted.
Click icon to print this page