- Department - Human Resources
- Location - CareerSource Broward
2890 West Cypress Creek Road
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
- Job Code - 577
- Date Posted - Thu, 17 Jan 2019 19:04:16 GMT
- Employment Status - Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
- Exemption Status - Non-Exempt
- Salary - $17.51 per hour
- Description -
CareerSource Broward's Human Resources Department seeks a dynamic, go-getter, with excellent computer skills and high quality customer service to fill the temporary HR Assistant position for the Summer Youth Employment Program. This position provides human resources related secretarial and administrative support to the Summer Youth Program under the direction of Vice President of Human Resources and other departmental staff. Position is approximately 24 weeks in duration.
- Set up and maintain Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) employment records and files for all Summer Youth Program temporary program staff.
- Prepare reports, memos, letters, and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and/or presentation software.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email related to HR issues for the program.
- File and retrieve program documents, records, and reports.
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies, maintaining records management systems, and performing basic bookkeeping work. Research and prepare reports and analysis for Program and other department staff.
- Answer routine Human Resources questions and provide information as required to Program participants, applicants, and the general public.
- Assist Vice President of Human Resources in scheduling and coordinating any necessary program related workshops.
- Assist with recruitment process and in conducting background checks, references checks and other pre-employment screening as required.
- Notify SYEP job applicants of their selection/non selection for employment.
- Process all paperwork for newly hired SYEP employees to ensure completeness and compliance with applicable laws and agency requirements.
- Perform data entry in various systems and forward relevant new hire information to the State as needed.
- Process, record and update data for each SYEP employee.
- Process all paperwork for terminated SYEP employees and closeout program employee files at the end of program.
- Provide assistance in administering worker's compensation plans including reporting injuries.
- Participate in agency’s quality improvement initiatives by continually focusing on and improving customer service.
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, clients, and the general public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions provided by the agency.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes.
- May be assigned other responsibilities on a temporary or ongoing basis as necessary for the delivery of quality service within the Program or CareerSource Broward as an organization.
- A high school diploma or equivalent plus three years of progressively responsible secretarial and administrative experience are required.
- Prior experience working in human resources is preferred.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and possess extensive Word and Excel skills and possess the ability to utilize the Internet to conduct research and obtain data.
- Position requires the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees at all levels; the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing; the ability to prioritize work; the ability to perform many tasks in a short time frame; and the ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Applicants are responsible for clearly documenting work experience and/or providing all
relevant information at the time of application. To be creditable, any required accredited
college or university education must be verifiable from a reliable source within the
United States or its territories or possessions, and information identifying that source
must be submitted with the application. Additional information will not be accepted after
the announcement closing date.
CareerSource Broward provides necessary reasonable accommodation in the
interview process upon request to persons with disabilities. Such requests must be made
PRIOR to any scheduled interview.
A valid paper social security card and a governmentally issued photo I.D. is required at
the time of selection interview.
Instructions: All applicants must have a CareerSource Broward (CSBD)
candidate account. To apply for the selected position, please create an account or log in
to your existing candidate account. Applicants are required to submit the documents listed
on the account page in order to be considered for current CSBD vacancies. Only candidates
selected for interview will be contacted.
Click icon to print this page