- Department - Operations
- Location - CareerSource Broward
2890 West Cypress Creek Road
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
- Job Code - 579
- Date Posted - Tue, 26 Feb 2019 17:44:39 GMT
- Employment Status - Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
- Exemption Status - Non-Exempt
- Salary - $19-$20 per hour
- Description -
CareerSource Broward's Operations Department is looking for skilled administrative professional to provide secretarial and administrative support to the department's Senior Vice President and other department members. Candidate must excel at working in a fast paced environment and possess exceptional organizational skills. If this describes you , bring your passion for customer service to contribute to the agency's mission of helping Broward County residents secure employment.
- Manage and maintain department’s Senior Vice President’s schedule using Microsoft Outlook calendar function ensuring tickler system is utilized.
- Prepare a wide variety of invoices, reports, memos, letters, and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and/or presentation software.
- Prepare agendas, take and transcribe minutes, and make arrangements for committee and other meetings. Interact often with board and committee members.
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and reports in order to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Coordinate and schedule internal and external meetings and events for Department head and other department staff as needed.
- Assist and serve as back-up support for the President and Executive Vice President in the absence of the Executive Secretary.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
- File and retrieve agency documents, records, and reports.
- Post contracts, contract modifications and budgets to the Operations Life Line.
- Assist in creating and updating the department’s Procedure Manual Answer telephone calls and greet visitor. Determine whether they should be given access to specific individuals.
- Direct callers and visitors to appropriate persons.
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies, maintaining records management systems, and performing basic bookkeeping work.
- Make travel arrangements for various department members.
- Research, and prepare reports and analysis for director and other department staff.
- Track and summarize relevant legislation and workforce communications.
- Participate in the agency’s hiring process by serving on screening and interview panels as needed.
- Participate in agency’s quality improvement initiatives by continually focusing on strategic planning and improving customer service.
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, clients, and the general public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes.
- May be assigned other responsibilities on a temporary or ongoing basis as necessary for the delivery of quality service within the Department or CareerSource Broward as an organization.
An Associate’s Degree or equivalent plus five years of progressively responsible secretarial and administrative experience are required.
- Prior experience working with and staffing a committee that involves preparing agendas as well as taking and disseminating meeting minutes preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and possess extensive Word and Excel skills.
- Must possess the ability to utilize state workforce development databases and possess the ability to utilize the Internet to conduct research and obtain data.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees at all levels; the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing are required.
- The ability to prioritize work; perform many tasks in a short time frame and the ability to follow oral and written instructions are necessary;
Applicants are responsible for clearly documenting work experience and/or providing all
relevant information at the time of application. To be creditable, any required accredited
college or university education must be verifiable from a reliable source within the
United States or its territories or possessions, and information identifying that source
must be submitted with the application. Additional information will not be accepted after
the announcement closing date.
CareerSource Broward provides necessary reasonable accommodation in the
interview process upon request to persons with disabilities. Such requests must be made
PRIOR to any scheduled interview.
A valid paper social security card and a governmentally issued photo I.D. is required at
the time of selection interview.
Instructions: All applicants must have a CareerSource Broward (CSBD)
candidate account. To apply for the selected position, please create an account or log in
to your existing candidate account. Applicants are required to submit the documents listed
on the account page in order to be considered for current CSBD vacancies. Only candidates
selected for interview will be contacted.
Click icon to print this page