- Department - Finance
- Location - CareerSource Broward
2890 West Cypress Creek Road
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
- Job Code - 581
- Date Posted - Mon, 13 May 2019 12:01:35 GMT
- Employment Status - Full time (37.5 hours per week)
- Exemption Status - Non-Exempt
- Salary - $17.51 hourly
- Description -
This special Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) staff position provides assistance and administrative support to Fiscal Department in the financial processes of the SYEP including preparation of payroll for the Program participants. Position will be approximately 14 weeks in duration.
- Processing employee and participant paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions.
- Computing wages and deductions, and entering data into computer.
- Compiling employee time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records.
- Reviewing time sheets, work charts, wage computation, and other information in order to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
- Verifying attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and posting information onto designated records.
- Verifying employee information, such as exemptions and other data in order to maintain and update payroll records.
- Processing adjustments to pay related to previous errors or changes.
- Coordinate and track expense reporting related to program.
- Prepare a variety of reports for program staff and funding entity.
- Participate in agency’s quality improvement initiatives by continually focusing on and improving customer service.
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, clients, and the general public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes.
- May be assigned other responsibilities on a temporary or on going basis as necessary for the delivery of quality service within the Program or CareerSource Broward as an organization.
- A high school diploma or equivalent plus two years of payroll or bookkeeping experience are required.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and possess extensive Excel skills.
- Must be able to efficiently operate a calculator/adding machine.
- Must possess the ability to utilize state workforce development databases; and the ability to utilize the Internet to conduct research and obtain data.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees at all levels; and must be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- The ability to prioritize work; the ability to perform many tasks in a short time frame; and the ability to follow oral and written instructions effectively are also required.
Applicants are responsible for clearly documenting work experience and/or providing all
relevant information at the time of application. To be creditable, any required accredited
college or university education must be verifiable from a reliable source within the
United States or its territories or possessions, and information identifying that source
must be submitted with the application. Additional information will not be accepted after
the announcement closing date.
CareerSource Broward provides necessary reasonable accommodation in the
interview process upon request to persons with disabilities. Such requests must be made
PRIOR to any scheduled interview.
A valid paper social security card and a governmentally issued photo I.D. is required at
the time of selection interview.
Instructions: All applicants must have a CareerSource Broward (CSBD)
candidate account. To apply for the selected position, please create an account or log in
to your existing candidate account. Applicants are required to submit the documents listed
on the account page in order to be considered for current CSBD vacancies. Only candidates
selected for interview will be contacted.
Click icon to print this page