Reemployment Assistance provides temporary wage benefits to qualified individuals who are out of work through no fault of their own.
Although CSBD is not the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity Reemployment Assistance Office, each of our three CareerSource Broward Centers can assist you in connecting with the Reemployment Assistance Office.
CareerSource Broward staff cannot determine or offer opinions on anyone’s eligibility for benefits, however, we can provide computer, Internet, phone and fax access in order to assist you.
Contact the Reemployment Assistance Office:
Online - To file your claim online, claim your weeks or for information about reemployment assistance click here. The online system is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please note: You may only claim weeks Monday through Saturday from 6:30 a.m. - 8 p.m. and Sunday from 6:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Phone - For questions about re-employment assistance, you may call the Reemployment Assistance hotline at 800-204-2418 Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Please note: You may no longer file a claim or claim weeks by phone.
Email - You may submit questions or comments by clicking on this link.
Filing a Claim
To file a claim, visit https://www2.myflorida.com/fluid/. It will take 30 minutes to one hour to complete the claim. Before filing your claim, make sure you have the following information available:
- Your correct Social Security Number
- The names, addresses and phone numbers of all your employers in the last 18 months
- The dates you worked and total income from each employer
- Earnings for this week since 12:01 a.m. Sunday
- Driver's license or state identification card number, voter registration number or other type of ID that could verify your identity.
- The name and local number of your labor union hall, if applicable
- If not a U.S. citizen, your Alien Registration Number and work permit expiration date
- Your DD-214 form, if you were in the military within the last two years
- SF-50 form or SF-8 form and check stubs or W-2 proof of earnings (if you are a federal employee) reemployment assistance
Please note that reemployment assistance claimants are required to make contact with five potential employers or to meet with a CareerSource Broward Reemployment Specialist and participate in one reemployment service on a weekly basis. Please contact your nearest CareerSource Broward Center to schedule an appointment with a Reemployment Specialist. To find a location near you, click here.