Upcoming Information Sessions
Wednesday, January 10, 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
Thursday, January 11, 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
Wednesday, January 17. 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
Broward College Admin Building, 6400 NW 6th Way, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
To register for the Wednesday, January 10 session, click here
To register for Thursday, January 11 session, click here
To register for Wednesday, January 17 session, click here
Learn how to develop your innovative idea and start a successful small business! The resources are available to you now! About $20,000 worth of best practices, education and mentoring, plus 12 college credits - all FREE of charge, if you qualify. Serial entrepreneur and best-selling author Michael O'Donnell will be teaching part of the course!
What Is Your Idea?
CareerSource Broward, in partnership with the Innovation Hub @ Broward College, is looking for individuals with innovative ideas who will commit to starting their own businesses using those ideas.
Perks For You
- Save thousands of dollars on a formal education
- Take advantage of the experience of successful entrepreneurs
- Use the latest and proven methodology – Lean Launchpad®
- Connect with mentors who bring a lifetime of experience
- Surround yourself with other hardworking and creative people starting their businesses at the Innovation Hub
- Earn 12 transferable college credits and a technical certificate in Entrepreneurship from Broward College
- Must be a resident of Broward County; males must be registered with Selective Service.
- Have an innovative idea for starting a business, especially if it’s in technology (tech, financial, healthcare, social networking, gaming, etc.) or an innovative product or service.
- The “drive and commitment” to get it done
- The business you start must be based in Broward County
- You must be able to support yourself during the entire duration of the seven-month program
- Your work hours/demands should not interfere with the projects and coursework
- Days (all hours will be in the evening):
- First four weeks – 2 nights a week (TBD)
- Remaining 26 weeks - 1 night a week (Wednesdays)
- Requires 15 – 20 hours of work outside of classroom time
- Qualifying ≠ selection; the program uses a continuous screening process at every phase
How to Apply
Send your application along with all documentation (see below):
- Review this web page and what follows below to confirm that you qualify.
- If you are not already registered, register in the Employ Florida Marketplace.
- Complete online, download and sign the Start-Up Now application. Must be 18+ years of age or older.
- Attach your resume
- Attach copy of your DD-214 (if a veteran)
- We will need your high school and college transcripts within 3 months of acceptance into the program.
- Attach copy of your proof of Selective Service Registration. Must be registered with the Selective Service System (if male, born on or after Jan 1, 1960). Go to “Registration” then “Check Registration”.)
- Attach a copy of your signed Social Security card, payroll stub with SSN or IRS tax form with SSN. Must be legally able to work in the United States — if not a citizen (see I-9 Acceptable Documents List and go to page 9).
- Attach a copy of your driver’s license (or U.S. issued passport).
- Attach a copy of your resident card or work permit authorization if non-citizen.
- Mail to: Start-Up Now Project Manager; CareerSource Broward Administrative Office,
2610 W. Oakland Park Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311
- Scan and email to: email@example.com
- Secure fax: 954-337-0920, with a cover sheet specifying Attention: Start-Up Now
If selected, you will be notified of an Orientation Session. Invitation to this orientation session does not imply acceptance into the program. Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A project of in partnership with
Follow Us On:
Start-Up Now promotes entrepreneur skills and is presented by CareerSource Broward in partnership with the Innovation Hub @ Broward College using Federal funds under award ED16HDQ0200018 from the Economic Development Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce. The structure, process, selection and final outcomes are those of CareerSource Broward and the Innovation Hub @ Broward College and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Economic Development Administration or the U.S. Department of Commerce.
An equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.