CareerSource Broward has provided links to various human resource and recruitment tools to assist employers in their hiring efforts. You can also follow CareerSource Broward on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter to receive additional information.
Please link to the following categories for more information or call (954) 677-JOBS and ask to speak with an Employer Services Representative for personalized assistance.
Online Resources For Hiring & Retaining Individuals With Disabilities
- The Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance, the public/private partnership for Broward County, and the Broward County Office of Economic and Small Business Development work together for the purpose of allocating and leveraging collective economic development resources to sustain and enhance the economic growth, vitality, and global competitiveness of Broward County as a superior business location. Broward County, including all of its municipalities performing economic development services, has over 75 professionals ready to assist your company in your move to Greater Fort Lauderdale.
- Florida’s Federal Bonding Program - Employers may receive Fidelity Bonds free-of-charge as an incentive to hire hard-to-place job applicants. The bonds issued by the Federal Bonding Program help employers offset potential risks with the job honesty of at-risk jobseekers (ex-offenders, persons in substance abuse recovery,economically disadvantaged individuals lacking work history, etc). For information, click here.
- Outplacement Services provides rapid response to coordinate services for employers and/or workers affected by temporary or permanent layoff. If you feel you may need these services in the near future, call Bonni Smith at (954) 967-1010, ext. 232 or email@example.com.
- Short Time Compensation Program - This program can help employers retain their workforce in times of temporary slowdown by encouraging work-sharing as an alternative to layoff. The program permits pro-rated reemployment assistance benefits to employees whose work hours and earnings are reduced as part of a Short Time Compensation plan to avoid total layoff of some employees. Click here for more information.
- Your business may qualify for State of Florida Tax Credits for Employers. Click here for more information.
- Salary Calculator Link
- Labor Market Statistics
- Display Posters and Required Notices
Click the image above to view our Disability Employment Guide for Employers (PDF format).