Upgrade the Skills of Your Employees Today!
CareerSource Broward is urging local employers to take advantage of Incumbent Worker Training (IWT) – a dynamic grant program geared toward helping local employees in Broward County upgrade their skills that will be used in the workforce. IWT, which is funded by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act and administered by CareerSource Broward, was created to upgrade the skills of full-time employees, while also offering reimbursement grants to businesses that pay for preapproved, direct, training-related costs.
Who can apply for IWT?
What will it cost?
- Any for-profit or nonprofit business or governmental agency that has been in operation in Broward County for a minimum of one year
- Employers that have Workers Compensation and a Liability Insurance Certificate coverage by the start of the training
- The employee must be employed with the company for at least six months prior to the start of training when the incumbent worker training starts
If your business has:
*Can be in the form of an in-kind match
- 50 employees or less, then you only pay 10%*
- 51 to 100 employees, then you pay only 25%*
- 101 employees or more, then you pay 50%*
How soon can the business receive payment for training expenses?
Businesses can expect reimbursement for expenses at a minimum of once a month. Should the business incur costs more frequently and provide the invoice and supporting documentation, payments could be made bi-weekly.
Upon completion of the training, Certificates of Completion and attendance records need to be submitted for final reimbursements.
Who can deliver the training?
Training can be done in-house utilizing outside vendors, education partners or public or private training institutions and can also be delivered from existing curriculum that cater to specific business needs.
Can a business get help from CareerSource Broward in filling out the application?
Yes. CareerSource Broward has staff available to meet in person, via phone or share information electronically to assist businesses throughout the whole process.
For more information about IWT, call (954) 677-JOBS (5627)