CareerSource Broward's On-the-Job Training (OJT) program provides a unique opportunity for individuals who already possess some job-related skills and knowledge to "earn as they learn." By participating, employers benefit by being reimbursed up to 75% for the new hire's wages during the training period, while having the services of a full-time employee.
- Employers are reimbursed up to 75% of the wage rate of the individual for the costs associated with providing the training and increased supervision related to the training.
- OJT provides knowledge or skills essential to the full and adequate performance of the job.
- OJT focuses on jobs involving the introduction of new technologies, production or service procedures; upgrading to new jobs that require additional skills or workplace literacy; among other purposes.
- The employer can be in the public, private non-profit or private sector.
- OJT is limited in duration based upon the target occupation for which the participant is being trained, the participant’s prior work experience and the service strategy.
- Any paperwork is handled by CareerSource Broward staff!
Have you interviewed a candidate that could do the job with the
assistance of OJT? Let us know by clicking here!
Please email for specific OJT program eligibility requirements: email@example.com.