CareerSource Broward's Employer Services staff coordinates assistance for Florida’s employers and workers affected by temporary and permanent business layoffs. During on-site sessions, our team will review workforce services available to assist in reemployment and review other resources such as the Florida Reemployment Assistance Program. Our services include:
- Navigating your way around our Centers' Resource Rooms
- Training opportunities through Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA)
- Free Resume and Interviewing Skills classes available through CareerSource Broward Centers
- Setting up your 'LinkedIn' or other social media profiles
- CareerSource Broward Center On-Site Recruitments and local Job Fair Information
- How to apply for Reemployment Assistance
- When to apply and how to claim benefit weeks
- Requirements while on Reemployment Assistance
Florida no longer has a local unemployment office. Therefore, this is valuable face-to-face opportunity to have unemployment questions answered. If a WARN notice has been filed, a member of our Employer Services team will be contacting your company to offer services. If your company does not meet the requirements for filing a WARN, a member of our team can be contacted directly to set up these valuable onsite outplacement sessions. For more information on State of Florida WARN procedures click here.
The Professional Placement Network Program (PPN) is a Nationally acclaimed job search program for individuals seeking their next right job. It is geared toward the professional in middle and upper level management. All Veterans and people with disabilities are welcomed. The 12 hour course teaches the step by step process of getting a job, and continues its support until the person becomes employed. To qualify for the program you must have a 4 year degree, or minimum of five years of managerial experience and or/a salary of $47,000 per year or more. Please enroll for the program at ppn.careersourcebroward.com.
If you have questions or your business needs these Rapid Response services, please contact Je'Rhonda Lewis at (954) 202-3830, ext. 1018, or firstname.lastname@example.org.